Create Gmail Account: Gmail is a most popular email service, which provides you an email address which lets you communicate with your friends, family and co-workers. A part from just email, Gmail comes with a bunch of features, which lets you do a lot of things online. You can become a member in many sites, using Gmail ID.
Some of the common uses of Gmail:
- Email – Lets you send emails to anyone, all over the world.
- Chatting – Helping you to send messages and chat in real time with friends, family and others.
- Video calling – This lets you video chat with people in real time.
- Audio calling – Using your Gmail id you can make audio calls using hangouts.
- File sharing – you can easily share your documents, pictures, links, audio, video files etc.
- Blogger – you can start your own blog or follow other blogs feed using your Gmail id.
- Social networking – This is by far the most important feature of having a Gmail, you can join various social networking sites including Google+, Facebook, Linkedin, Tumblr etc.
- Subscriptions- By using your email id, you can subscribe for various sites, and get latest articles, and info of that site , right into your inbox
- Cloud storage – Gmail comes with 15GB storage space, which lets you store your files, pictures, mails.
- YouTube – Lets you create a YouTube channel with the current Gmail.com account.
How to Create Gmail Account on www.gmail.com:
Having email id is like having an identity in the web world, plus the security system in Gmail is pretty strong. So you don’t feel compromised in any point. So in order to get started with Gmail, use these following steps, it wouldn’t take a longer time to create gmail account.
Step 1: Go to your browser and type ‘’Gmail’’ or go to www.gmail.com.
Step 2: Now you will see ‘’create an account’’ option below Email and Password boxes.
Step 3: Click on ‘’create an account’’.
Step 4: You will see the sign up form, with the following options, ‘’Name’’, ‘’choose username ‘’,’’create password’’, ‘’confirm password’’, ‘’date of birth ‘’ etc. Fill everything with the appropriate details. Enter your name and surname, when it comes to ‘’choose your username‘’ make sure the user name isn’t in use, you can use numbers names and underscores to create a unique username.
Step 5: After you enter the username, it automatically gets ‘’gmail.com’’ in the end.
Step 6: In case, the username isn’t available, Gmail provides you with the suggestions of the usernames that are available; you can also pick them from the suggestions list.
Step 7: Once you are done, enter a password. To make password stronger make sure it’s at least eight letters, it can be combination of words and letters, make sure to use at least one upper case and one lower case letter, one number and if possible one symbol. This will make your password stronger.
Note: Your passwords are case sensitive, make sure you remember it, or write it down somewhere.
Step 8: Enter the password again, to confirm.
Step 9: Enter your date of birth.
Step 10: Now you will need to enter your Gender.
Step 11: Now, enter your mobile phone number. You would need to enter it correctly, because it will help you to retrieve your account in case you lose your password.
Step 12: Enter your previous email id, if you have one, this option helps you to retrieve your account, in cases where it gets hacked or you forget your password.
Step 13: You will now go through verification process, it can be done in two ways, either the code will be sent to registered mobile number, or enter the text given on screen, in the verification option.
Step 14: Enter your country location.
Step 15: Now finally, place a check mark in the box, next to‘’ I agree to Google terms and conditions ‘’. And then click on ‘’next step ‘’.
Step 16: You will now see ‘’ create your profile’’ page. Here, you can add photo to your Gmail account, by clicking on ‘’add photo’’ or else you can skip this step. And click on ‘’next step’’.
Step 17: Now your account is created. You will see a welcome page.
How to Send mails in Gmail.com:
If you are new to Gmail, then follow these instructions to get started with Gmail.
- Go to Gmail login using your username and password. Skip this step if you are already logged in.
- On the top left corner, you will find a red button called ‘’compose’’. This is the option, which lets you send mails to one another.
- This will open up a new pop-up window, where you will see options such as ‘’to’’, ‘’subject’’ and ‘’send ‘’. To send a mail, just enter the email id of the person in the ‘’to’’ section. Once you are able to send mail, you don’t need to enter the whole email id once again, just by typing few letters of the person’s name, you can easily find it. You can also send mail to multiple person’s just by separating each email id with a comma. This feature lets you send mails to many people in one time.
- In ‘’subject’’ , write the subject of your mail or the main theme of your mail, which lets you to sort and arrange your mails in future easily , as well as helps the person to identify the subject easily without having to open and read the whole mail.
- In the middle you will find the blank space to write your mail, you can also choose your font style and size from the font options below.
- You can also send attachments to your recipients. All you need to do is to click on the paper clip icon, and select the files, photos in hard drive. And Click ‘’send ‘’.